- 2 cups fresh basil – washed and dried
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds of pasta, such as linguini or a large spaghetti noodle
- Bring water to boil in a large pot to cook pasta.
- In food processor, place two cups of basil leaves.
- Add 4 large garlic cloves.
- Add walnuts and pulse mixture until it appears like a coarse ground meal. (See video)
- With food processor running, SLOWLY add olive oil through opening on top of food processor.
- Scrape sides of food processor bowl and continue to mix until well contents are well blended.
- Remove food processor bowl and pour pesto into a large bowl.
- Shred parmesan cheese and add to pesto, mixing gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Save 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
- Place pasta in large bowl and pour pesto over pasta.
- Mix pesto and pasta well adding reserved pasta water if mixture gets too thick.
- Serve immediately!
Sarah & Valerie